The team Costless has repeatedly argued how important it is to monitor prices for products - the same goods in different stores can have a completely different cost. For example, the price of buckwheat can vary from 22 UAH. and up to 36.95 UAH. And the price of oatmeal from 37.90 UAH. up to 51.89 UAH.
Features of storing cereals
In order to use the croups brought maximum benefit is a very important way to store them, and the shelf life should not be forgotten. Although many mistakenly believe that the groats - an indefinite product. But this is not the case, say more, the groat has a different expiry date. An overdue product may have a normal appearance but lose its useful properties and taste.
Storage times for bulk food:
- millet - up to 4 months;
- oat flakes - up to 7 months;
- pearl barley and semolina - 14 months;
- rice - up to 1.5 years;
- buckwheat groats - up to 2 years;
- other cereals - up to 1 year;
- whole-grain flour - up to 3 months;
- buckwheat flour - 6 months;
- rice flour - 9 months;
- corn, soy and oat flour - 10 months;
- Wheat flour - up to 1 year.
And now back to the ways of storage. We have prepared for you a few simple but very important tips that will help avoid premature product damage and pest formation:
- Well, examine the product even before the purchase: the integrity of the packaging, the appearance of the cereals, and the date of manufacture. If the packaging is cardboard or not transparent, then be guided by the expiration date.
- We recommend immediately after the purchase put groats lose in closed jars or containers. In polyethylene packaging, the product can quickly grow damp, nourish with an unpleasant odor.
- The best option for storing bulk in a dry and cool place, excellent fit kitchen cupboard. It is important that the cereals do not get direct sunlight.
- To store large amounts of bulk food, use a bag that is pre-cooked in a boil with salt. This will allow air to circulate inside and at the same time avoiding the ingress of insects.
- A bag of sugar should be stored on a pallet, avoiding moisture and heat sources.
- Use only a clean and dry spoon when taking flour, salt, or sugar. Such a product can quickly deteriorate, grow damp. Also, bulk food quickly deteriorates if you keep an open container over a pan or frying pan with steam.
- Periodically completely empty the croup containers. When you constantly top up a new croup, the one that is left on the bottom for a long time remains unused. And in it, pests may appear.
The Costless team wishes you profitable and useful purchases!