In the summer, the desire to drink something tasty and refreshing increases at times. Store shelves are filled with various drinks, limonads and kvass. The COSTLESS team has prepared a review of prices for the most popular non-alcoholic beverages that can be found in any store in Ukraine
But! Please note that our review involved only drinks in glass containers and cans. We did this specifically to remind you of the importance of avoiding plastic containers.
We have several important reasons for this:
- 250 ml of oil and 3 liters of water are spent on the production of 1 liter of water in a plastic bottle – to put it mildly, the distribution of resources is not the most rational.
- A plastic bottle releases a chemical substance bisphenol-A, which leads to intoxication and hormonal disruption in the human body.
- About 2 million tons of plastics are released into the oceans every year. First of all, the reason for a one-time use of plastic containers and the lack of proper disposal.
- About 70% of the annual volume of plastic falls into the ocean from May to October (during a period of increasing demand for soft drinks).
- 300 tons is exactly the amount of plastic produced in a year. In this case, the period of decomposition plastics is 400 years.
Agree, these are quite weighty arguments against plastic. Although it is not enough just to replace plastic with cans. It is better to reduce the use of disposable packaging, as well as properly dispose of it – wash, crumple and hand over at the station receiving garbage. About what and how to pass, we wrote earlier here.
For your convenience, we not only compared the prices of goods in this article, but also created a special template in the COSTLESS application with a list of beverages in a can and glass. You can use this list by changing it as you like. And also add to Favorites any product from the list.
Read here: Why add products to Favorites?
Now we propose to go to price comparison* for your favorite drinks in different supermarkets in Kiev and Ukraine, in order to know where to buy more profitable.