Autumn is a great time to take special care and attention to your health. We have already figured out what the basic principles of preparing the body for the autumn-winter period and what the role of vegetables in the diet in the fall. And today we offer to talk about how much they cost, and where it is more profitable to buy useful and necessary vegetables.
We would like to remind you that the main idea of the Costless mobile app is to help each user determine in which nearest store you can buy the right product at the most attractive price. For example, the price of potatoes can vary from 5.20 UAH/kg to 6.40 UAH/kg. And using the comparison of prices in Costless, you can easily find out which store near you should go to buy potatoes.
Or the price of carrots in one store will be 9.98 UAH/kg, and in the other - 14.90 UAH/kg., the difference in price is obvious, agree.
That is why we created a pivot table in which we compared the prices (price per 1 kg) on the most popular autumn vegetables in such Kiev supermarkets as Fozzy, Novus, Auchan, Metro and Furshet.
*Prices for comparison were taken from open sources on the Internet.
According to the table, we can safely conclude that the difference between the smallest amount of a check in the network of Auchan (248.10 UAH) and the biggest - in the Furshet network (301.68 UAH) is 53.58 UAH.
And, as always, a bonus!
We have selected for you the top 5 useful products for use in the autumn season:
- Pumpkin is an excellent source of potassium and beta-carotene (pumpkin is on the 4th place among vegetables containing beta-carotene). Also contains calcium, magnesium and vitamins E, C and some vitamins of group B.
Vitamins C, E and beta-carotene have a positive effect on the healthy state of our skin, prevents dry skin, heals wounds and protects from exposure to sunlight.
- Ginger is a natural remedy for colds and flu. In the cold season, due to the diaphoretic effect, ginger tea is one of the best warming foods.
Ginger has been used for centuries as a means to reduce inflammation and pain, as well as to eliminate discomfort during the menstrual cycle.
It also helps lower cholesterol and maintain healthy blood sugar levels.
- Beets are an excellent source of fiber, and therefore contribute to the improvement of the digestive system and is an important component of a healthy diet. Fiber helps reduce the risk of developing chronic diseases, including colon cancer, cardiovascular diseases, and type 2 diabetes.
Also, beets help maintain brain health. Thanks to the beneficial nitrates it contains, it improves mental and cognitive function, expands blood vessels and thereby increases blood flow to the brain. It has been proven that beets especially affect the blood flow to the frontal lobe of the brain, the area associated with higher-level thinking, for example, when making decisions and working memory.
- Zucchini - one of the most popular dietary products, has a high content of potassium, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus and iron, organic acids and protein. The composition of zucchini includes antioxidants, so regular use reduces the likelihood of cancer, and also protects the skin and hair from aging.
Moreover, zucchini has a strong diuretic effect and promotes the elimination of toxic substances from the body.
- Pomegranate is an excellent material for controlling blood circulation in the body, eliminating blood deficiency and related diseases, reduces the likelihood of hemorrhage and inflammation, and also has a positive effect on hemoglobin.
Also, pomegranate improves the healthy state of the spleen, lungs and promotes the healing of spinal injuries.
Take care of good health for yourself and your loved ones, and entrust Costless with the issue of profitable and beneficial purchases.